Examining what we do to improve our schools : 8 steps from analysis to action
- Sandra Harris, Stacey Edmonson, Julie Combs.
- Larchmont, NY : Eye on Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xvi, 106 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.8 .H375 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 105-106).
- Setting the Foundation Having a Shared Vision Understanding the Need for Inquiry Valuing Improvement by Providing Time for Improvement Building Interpersonal Trust And more... Analyzing Data Monovision Analysis The Performance Dashboard Analyzing Data Finding Time And more... Developing Deeper Understanding Techniques for Developing Understanding Tool 3.1 Selecting Data Collection Techniques And more... Engaging in Self-Reflection Seeing the Changing World More Clearly Tool 4.1 Who Am I? And more... Exploring Programmatic Patterns Asking the Right Questions Programmatic Patterns in the Achievement Gap How do Biases Affect Inquiry? And more... Determining Direction Get Everybody on the Bus How Priorities are Established Tool 6.1 Developing Consensus Building Skills And more... Taking Action Organizing the Work: Action Committees Writing a Plan of Action And more... Sustaining Improvements Strategies for Sustaining Improvement The Challenge to Examine Ways to Improve Schools Tool 8.1 CARE Model Planning Tool And more...
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781596671355 20160603
- Publisher's Summary
- This book shows school leaders how they can infuse their daily practice with an examination of the actions they take to improve their schools. It identifies eight steps that inform the school improvement process and boost student achievement. These steps provide a framework for examining school improvement as part of a genuine process with meaning and value for all those involved.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781596671355 20160603
- Publication date
- 9781596671355 (paper)
- 1596671351 (paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: