Essentials of science classroom assessment
- Liu, Xiufeng.
- Los Angeles : SAGE, c2010.
- Physical description
- xv, 199 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Q181 .L745 2010
- Unknown Q181 .L745 2010
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface 1. Assessment for Learning and Teaching 2. Assessment of Preconceptions 3. Summative Assessment 4. Assessment of Science Inquiry 5. Standardized Tests 6. Assessment of Ongoing Learning 7. Grading Science Achievement 8. Using Data to Improve Assessment and Instruction Glossary.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "Essentials of Science Classroom Assessment" is a supplementary text for a science methods course or a core textbook for courses in science assessment. Grounded in the constructivist inquiry approach to science teaching and learning, the text will bridges science assessment research and practice, and connects explicitly science assessment and learning. This book will help students in science methods courses to develop essential skills in conducting science assessment to support student learning. The chapters parallel a typical structure of a science methods course, making the integration of this text into a science methods course seamless. Due to its practical and concise nature, this book is also ideal for practicing science teachers to use as a professional development resource.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Xiufeng Liu.
- 9781412961011 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412961017 (pbk. : alk. paper)