Academically gifted African American male college students
- Fred A. Bonner II ; foreword by Kofi Lomotey ; afterword by Donna Y. Ford.
- Santa Barbara, Calif. : Praeger, c2010.
- Physical description
- xviii, 217 p. ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC2781 .B56 2010||Unknown|
- Bonner, Fred A.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 201-209) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The first-ever study of African American giftedness at the collegiate level, focusing on two extraordinary case studies.* Presents two separate case studies revealing how academically gifted African American males experienced different higher education contexts-the Historically Black College and University (HBCU) and Traditionally White Institution (TWI)* Includes interviews with both participants ten years after their college experiences* Offers six articles that provide a contemporary focus on issues impacting African American gifted males in school* Provides excerpts from journals, such as Gifted Child Today, Roeper Review, Journal of Black Studies, Journal of Race and Policy, and Journal for the Education of the Gifted.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780897898577 20180521
- Publication date
- 9780897898577 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0897898575 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780313387234 (ebk.)
- 0313387230 (ebk.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: