Working with families of young children with special needs
- edited by R.A. McWilliam.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xiii, 265 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- What works for special needs learners.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC4019.3 .W67 2010||Unknown|
- McWilliam, R. A.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- McWilliam, Introduction. Jung, Identifying Families' Supports and Other Resources. McWilliam, Assessing Families' Needs with the Routines-based Interview. Dunst, Raab, Trivette, Swanson, Community-based Everyday Child Learning Opportunities. Bruder, Coordinating Services with Families. McWilliam, Talking to Families. Hanson, Lynch, Working with Families from Diverse Backgrounds. Shelden, Rush, A Primary-coach Approach to Teaming and Supporting Families in Early Childhood Intervention. McWilliam, Support-based Home Visiting. Fox, Helping Families Address Challenging Behavior and Promote Social Development.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This user-friendly book presents research-based best practices for serving families of children with special needs from birth to age 6. Expert contributors demonstrate how early intervention and early childhood special education can effectively address a wide range of family concerns, which in turn optimizes children's development and learning. Tightly edited, the volume offers indispensable tools for assessing families; identifying and capitalizing on their strengths; providing information, support, and coaching; collaborating with parents and teachers to address children's functional needs in the context of everyday routines; and coordinating care. Over a dozen reproducible checklists and forms help professionals immediately implement the techniques and strategies described. The book will appeal to early childhood professionals, preschool special educators, social workers, clinical psychologists, and other professionals who provide early intervention services to children with disabilities and their families. It will also be a valuable text for graduate-level courses.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- What works for special-needs learners
- 9781606235393 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1606235397 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: