Cyber kids, cyber bullying, cyber balance
- Barbara C. Trolley, Constance Hanel.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2010.
- Physical description
- xi, 166 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB3013.3 .T76 2010
- Unknown LB3013.3 .T76 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 149-160) and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments About the Authors Part I. Cyber Kids 1."Welcome to My World": Technology and Youth 2. "Lost in Cyberspace": Technology Travel 3. "It's a Small World After All": Use and Misuses of Technology Part II. Cyber Bullying 4. "Sticks and Stones": An Overview of Cyber Bullying 5. "If You Can't Say Anything Nice": Vehicles of Cyber Bullying 6. "Houston, We Have a Problem": Responding to Cyber Bullying Part III. Cyber Balance 7. "What's Up Doc?": Assessment 8. "This One Is Just Right": Interventions to Restore Balance 9. "An Ounce of Prevention Is Worth a Pound of Cure": Our Roles in Cyber Balance Appendixes Appendix A: Tell the Truth, Nothing But the Truth: Legal Issues Related to Student Online Speech Appendix B: Internet Safety Agreement Appendix C: Cyber Bullying Program Worksheet Appendix D: Cyber Bullying Program Timeline Worksheet Appendix E: Counselor/School Resource Chart and Parent Resource Chart Appendix F: Cyber Youth Survey Appendix G: School Cyber Bullying Survey Appendix H: Cyber Bullying Incident Report Appendix I: Cyber Bullying Student Assessment Form Appendix J: Summary Assessment Considerations Chart Appendix K: Skill-Building Resource Table Appendix L: Story Appendix M: Educational Interventions Appendix N: Cyber Bullying Educational Resource Guide Appendix O: Master Calendar Appendix P: Word Search Appendix Q: Program Evaluation Appendix R: Certificate Appendix S: Certification Test References and Further Reading Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Ideal for administrators, counsellors, and teachers, this resource provides practical information about technology use and cyber bullying as it relates to today's students and schools. Although technology can be used to help students succeed both socially and academically, it is critically important that school professionals know how to address technology misuse, particularly cyber bullying, since problems of abuse are on the rise. "Cyber Kids, Cyber Bullying, Cyber Balance" introduces educators to the wide world of modern technology in all its forms and nuances. The authors illustrate how to identify instances of cyber bullying and respond to them appropriately. The extensive appendix includes legal guidelines, a school planning calendar, a student assessment form, and an incident report form. The book provides basic information about prevention, assessment, intervention, and evaluation that is readily accessible and easily understood and implemented. A new and exciting focus of the book is the concept of 'cyber balance' - helping students make healthy, safe choices about technology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781412972918 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1412972914 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781412972925 (paper : alk. paper)
- 1412972922 (paper : alk. paper)