Seven secrets of the savvy school leader : a guide to surviving and thriving
- Robert Evans.
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2010.
- Physical description
- xiv, 144 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2806 .E87 2010||Unknown|
- Evans, Robert, 1944-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 133-137) and index.
- Introduction. Author's Note. 1. The First Secret: When You Go to See the Wizard, Take Toto. 2. The Second Secret: They'll Never Understand. 3. The Third Secret: Change Is What It Means. 4. The Fourth Secret: Bite Off What You Can Chew. 5. The Fifth Secret: Be Your Best, Bold Self. 6. The Sixth Secret: Nourish to Flourish. 7. The Seventh Secret: From Savvy to Wise: Look Out for Number One. Notes. References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470507322 20160603
- Publisher's Summary
- The keys to having an outstanding career as a school leader. The American educational system is in crisis; trends of recent years have been extraordinarily hard on educators. An entire generation of school leaders is retiring, many of them early, and the number of candidates applying to replace them is plummeting. In many districts, applications have shrunk by nearly two-thirds. Seven Secrets of The Savvy School Leader hopes to counteract these glum statistics by giving both aspiring and experienced school leaders important survival tools, and encouraging long-term leaders to renew their faith in their own abilities. Describes the innate tensions inherent in leadership Explores the difference between dilemmas and problems Encourages leaders to make change by making meaning Offers guidance for being your best and bold self Written an expert on school leadership who has worked closely with thousands of schools over the years, the book will help anyone serving as or considering becoming a school administrator.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470507322 20160603
- Publication date
- 9780470507322 (hbk.)
- 0470507322 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: