Freire, teaching, and learning : culture circles across contexts
- Mariana Souto-Manning.
- New York : Peter Lang, c2010.
- Physical description
- xvi, 218 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Counterpoints (New York, N.Y.) v. 350.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC196.5 .U6 S68 2010||Unknown|
- Souto-Manning, Mariana.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -210) and index.
- Culture circles and critical pedagogy
- The critical cycle
- Culture circles in an American first-grade classroom
- Culture circles in a Brazilian adult education program
- Culture circles in pre-service teacher education
- Culture circles in in-service teacher education
- Performing culture circles : Boalian theatre in teacher education
- On praxis.
- Publisher's Summary
- In this book, Paulo Freire's culture circles cross linguistic, cultural, and socioeconomic borders to work across contexts in the U.S. (early education, pre-service and in-service teacher education) and in Brazil (adult education). Freire, Teaching, and Learning makes culture circles accessible to those seeking to embrace equity and democracy through everyday educational practices.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781433104060 20160604
- Publication date
- Counterpoints : studies in the postmodern theory of education , 1058-1634 ; v. 350
- 9781433104060 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1433104067 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: