Real and complex analysis
- Christopher Apelian, Steve Surace ; with Akhil Mathew.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xix, 547 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Pure and applied mathematics (Marcel Dekker, Inc.) ; 294.
At the library
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA300 .A5685 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 537-538) and index.
- The Spaces R, Rk, and C. Point-Set Topology. Limits and Convergence. Functions: Definitions and Limits. Functions: Continuity and Convergence. The Derivative. Real Integration. Complex Integration. Taylor Series, Laurent Series, and the Residue Calculus. Complex Functions as Mappings. Bibliography. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
This work provides the Material for a Two-Semester Course in Real Complex Analysis. Taking a unique, unifying approach to the subject, this book presents the analysis of functions of real and complex variables together through a single, comprehensive point of view. It merges and relates relevant topics from both advanced calculus and complex analysis, which imparts a more cohesive understanding of analysis. This proven approach is consistent with the CUPM guidelines published in 2004 by the Mathematical Association of America that encourage the integration of related yet segregated topics in the undergraduate mathematics curriculum, which provides a clear understanding of the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Pure and applied mathematics. A program of monographs, textbooks, and lecture notes ; 294
- "A Chapman & Hall book."
- 9781584888062 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1584888067 (hbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: