The Marxist philosophy and the sciences
- London, G. Allen & Unwin 
- Physical description
- 2 p.l., 7-183,  p. 19 cm.
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|HX541 .H3 1938||In-library use|
Stephen Jay Gould was a renowned evolutionary biologist, paleontologist, historian of science, educator, popular science author, polymath, and an enthusiastic collector. His papers include, but are not limited to: subject files; coursework and research from his graduate studies at Columbia University; his teaching and administrative files from Harvard University and New York University; organizational and committee files; conference, lecture, and symposia files; research files and data; photographs; artifacts and memorabilia (including specimens); clippings and scrapbooks; photographs; audiovisual materials; biographical materials; files related to Gould’s passion for baseball and music; and various reprints and manuscripts by others. The Stephen J. Gould Rare Books Collection, part of the larger Stephen J. Gould Papers bequest to the Stanford University Libraries, consists of approximately 1,500 rare, antiquarian books, some dating back to the late 1400s.
- Haldane, J. B. S. (John Burdon Sanderson), 1892-1964.
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- At head of title: J.B.S. Haldane, F.R.S.
- "Based upon the Muirhead lectures in political philosophy delivered in the University of Birmingham in January and February 1938."--Pref.
- "First published in 1938."
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Provenance: "To Eddie, June 22nd 1939" (inscription).
Browse related items
Start at call number: