Leonard Bernstein, Omnibus [videorecording] : the historic TV broadcasts on 4 DVDs
- produced by Robert Saudek Associates.
- English. With optional SDH subtitles.
- [Port Washington, N.Y.] : E1 Entertainment, c2009.
- Physical description
- 4 videodiscs (449 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
At the library
Media & Microtext Center
- Cooke, Alistair, 1908-2004. Host
- Bernstein, Leonard, 1918-1990 Conductor
- McCullough, Andrew. Director
- Silverstein, Elliot, 1927- Director
- Dubin, Charles Director
- Robbie, Seymour. Director
- Addison, Adele Performer
- Lane, Gloria Performer
- Lloyd, David, 1912-1969 Performer
- Warfield, William Performer
- Robert Saudek Associates. Production personnel
- Archive of American Television. Production personnel
- Symphony of the Air Performer
- Schola Cantorum (Musical group) Performer
- E1 Entertainment (Firm)
- Beethoven's Fifth symphony / Andrew McCullough, director (33:00). The world of jazz / Elliot Silverstein, director (45:00) (1 disc)
- The art of conducting / Charles S. Dubin, director (48:00). American musical comedy / Charles S. Dubin, director (76:00) (1 disc)
- Introduction to modern music / Charles S. Dubin, director (49:00). The music of J.S. Bach / Charles S. Dubin, director (64:00) (1 disc)
- What makes opera grand? / written and narrated by Leonard Bernstein ; directed by Seymour Robbie (76:00). Bonus: Messiah. Advent & Christmas scenes, with The hallelujah chorus / Handel (Adele Addison, soprano; Gloria Lane, alto; David Lloyd, tenor; William Warfield, baritone; Symphony of the Air; Schola Cantorum; Leonard Bernstein, conductor) (58:00) (1 disc).
- Hosted by Alastair Cooke and includes seven episodes featuring lectures, performances, and master classes from the legendary conductor and composer Leonard Bernstein. Includes: Beethoven's Fifth Symphony (1954), The World of Jazz (1955), The Art of Conducting (1955), American Musical Comedy (1956), Introduction to Modern Music (1957), and more.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Title from container.
- At head of title: Archive of American Television.
- Originally broadcast in the series Omnibus by CBS Television Network, ABC Television Network, and NBC Television Network, Nov. 14, 1954-Mar. 23, 1958.
- Reference guide (23 p. : ill.) inserted in container.
- Alistair Cooke, host; Leonard Bernstein, guest.
- DVD, Mono.
- Related Work
- Omnibus (Television program : 1952-1961)
- Publisher Number
- E1E-DV-6731 E1 Entertainment
Browse related items
Start at call number: