Educational evaluation in East Asia : emerging issues and challenges
- New York : Nova Science Publishers, c2009.
- Physical description
- vi, 156 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
LA1141 .E27 2009
- Unknown LA1141 .E27 2009
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Education Evaluation and Assessment in Taiwan: Present Stage Development, Innovation and Challenges-- Educational Evaluation in Singapore: Current Status and Future Challenges-- Educational Evaluation in South Korea: Current Issues and Future Prospects-- Development of Educational Evaluation and Challenges of Practicing Educational Evaluation in Thailand-- Educational Evaluation in Hong Kong: Status and Challenges-- Educational Evaluation and Quality Assurance: The Case of Hong Kong-- School-Based Assessments (SBA): Implementation and Challenges in the Malaysian Contexts-- Current Issues of the School Evaluation System in Japan-- Teacher Evaluation in Thailand: Current Issues and Future Prospects-- PISA as a Catalyst for Capacity Building for Educational Evaluation in Macao-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Educational evaluation has been used as inquiry and judgement methods in order to optimise the evaluation object in relation to its intended purposes or to help stakeholders determine whether the evaluation object is worthy of adoption, continuation, or expansion. Therefore, educational evaluation is of vital importance to sustainable development for the education system and it is not amazing that nowadays its function and its territory have been remarkably redefined and enlarged - ranging from the evaluation of student achievement, evaluation of institutions, evaluation of and organisation to the evaluation of pedagogic modes. In addition, increasing autonomy of social actors and local structures reaches it balance in the development of evaluation dispositions. Educational evaluation is no longer a simple look at the mirror, a vain exercise. It reveals a shift from an 'evaluation for the sake of evaluation' perspective to an innovative 'evaluation for evolution' perspective. The editors and the authors of this volume are researchers and practitioners of educational evaluation who are well-known experts from the region in their own countries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Samuel S. Peng and John Chi-Kin Lee, editors.
- 9781606928875 (hbk.)
- 1606928872 (hbk.)