The lion & the mouse
- Pinkney, Jerry.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Little, Brown and Co. Books for Young Readers, 2009.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (unpaged) : all col. ill. ; 25 x 29 cm.
PS3566 .I5247 L56 2009
- Unknown PS3566 .I5247 L56 2009
- Publisher's Summary
- In award-winning artist Jerry Pinkney's wordless adaptation of one of Aesop's most beloved fables, an unlikely pair learn that no act of kindness is ever wasted. After a ferocious lion spares a cowering mouse that he'd planned to eat, the mouse later comes to his rescue, freeing him from a poacher's trap. With vivid depictions of the landscape of the African Serengeti and expressively-drawn characters, Pinkney makes this a truly special retelling, and his stunning pictures speak volumes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Fables > Juvenile literature.
- Folklore > Juvenile literature.
- Lion > Juvenile literature.
- Mice > Juvenile literature.
- Cooperation > Juvenile literature.
- Animals > Folklore.
- Stories without words > Juvenile literature.
- Caldecott Medal.
- Stories without words.
- American Library Association Notable Children's Bk 01/2010.
- Caldecott Medal, 2010.
- Horn Book Fanfare List 2010.
- Booklist Editor's Choice/Books for Youth 2009.
- New York Times Best Illustrated Books for Children 2009.
- School Library Journal Best Books 2009.
- Publication date
- Jerry Pinkney.
- Title Variation
- Lion and the mouse
- Cover shows [picture of a lion] & [picture of a mouse].
- Caldecott Medal, 2010
- 9780316013567 (hc)
- 0316013560 (hc)