Advances in Friedel-Crafts acylation reactions : catalytic and green processes
- Sartori, Giovanni, 1924-
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2010.
- Physical description
- xii, 207 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
QD281 .A5 S27 2010
- Unknown QD281 .A5 S27 2010
- Maggi, Raimondo.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction and Scope. Stoichiometric Acylations. Catalytic Homogeneous Acylations. Catalytic Heterogeneous Acylations. Direct Phenol Acylation -- Fries Rearrangement.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The Friedel-Crafts acylation reaction is a dealkylation process that produces aromatic ketones that are used in the synthesis of a wide number of pharmaceuticals and fine chemicals including fragrances, flavors, dyes, and agrochemical products. Written by one of the world's leading authorities in this area of organic chemistry, this volume, the first on Friedel-Crafts in many years, focuses on how to make the reaction more economically and environmentally friendly through the use of green acylating agents, which minimizes the formation of waste. The advantages and disadvantages of homogeneous versus heterogeneous approach is discussed, as is the elusive Fries rearrangement.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Friedel-Crafts reaction.
- Publication date
- Giovanni Sartori and Raimondo Maggi.
- 9781420067927 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1420067923 (hbk. : alk. paper)