- edited by Elliot S. Krames, P. Hunter Peckham, Ali R. Rezai.
- 1st ed.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier/Academic Press, 2009.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (xxiii, 1063 p.) : ill. (some col.), ports. ; 28 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1.
- Section I. An introduction to neuromodulation
- Section II. Fundamentals of neuromodulation
- Section IIA. Fundamentals of neuromodulation: mechanisms
- Section III. Biomedical engineering considerations
- Section IV. Neuromodulation for chronic pain
- Section IVA. Periphery and spinal cord electrical stimulation for non-visceral pain
- Section IVB. Infusional therapies for pain
- Section IVC. Brain stimulation for pain
- v. 2.
- Section V. Neuomodulation for movement disorders
- Section VI. Neurostimulation for epilepsy
- Section VII. Neuromodulation for psychiatrc disorders
- Section VIII. Neuromodulation for functional restoration
- Section IX. Neuromodulation of body organs
- Section IXA. Neuromodulation for cardiovascular disorders
- Section IXB. Neuromodulation for gastrointestinal disorders
- Section IXC. Neuromodulation for urogenital disorders
- Section X. Neuromodulation for emerging applications
- Section XI. Neuromodulation device implant techniques.
Neuromodulation will be the first comprehensive and in-depth reference textbook covering all aspects of the rapidly growing field of neuromodulation. This book provides a complete discussion of the fundamental principles of neuromodulation and therapies applied to the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, autonomic nerves and various organs. The textbook is highly structured and organized into overarching sections that cover chronic pain, movement disorders, psychiatric disorders, epilepsy, functional electrical stimulation, cardiac, gastrointestinal, genitourinary and organ neuromodulation. The fundamental principles of electricity and infusion, neural tissue interface, biomedical engineering, neuromodulation devices, basic science, neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, imaging and mechanisms are emphasized. In addition to providing details pertaining to the state-of-the-art current practice, innovative and emerging applications are discussed in specific chapters. Finally, the textbook provides specific chapters focusing on the technical aspects of the various neuromodulation procedures as well as technical specifications of various implantable devices. All of the contributors to Neuromodulation represent leading experts in the field. The editors are internationally renowned in their respective fields of neuromodulation, pain management, functional neurosurgery and biomedical engineering. Neuromodulation will be the first and foremost authoritative text on neuromodulation therapies and will establish the gold standard that defines the field for years to come.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Neurotransmitter Agents.
- Biomedical Engineering.
- Electric Stimulation Therapy.
- Nervous System Diseases.
- Neurosurgical Procedures.
- Synaptic Transmission.
- Neural transmission > Regulation.
- Neural stimulation.
- Biomedical engineering.
- Nervous system > Diseases.
- Nervous system > Surgery.
- Transmission neuromusculaire.
- Génie biomédical.
- Système nerveux > Maladies.
- Agents neuromédiateurs.
- Transmission synaptique.
- Maladies du système nerveux.
- Interventions neurochirurgicales.
- Publication date
- 9780123742483 (set)
- 012374248X (set)
- 9780123749673 (v. 1)
- 0123749670 (v. 1)
- 9780123749680 (v. 2)
- 0123749689 (v. 2)
Browse related items
Start at call number: