It's the classroom, stupid : a plan to save America's schoolchildren
- Kalman R. Hettleman.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2010.
- Physical description
- xiv, 203 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.82 .H5 2010||Unknown|
- Hettleman, Kalman R., 1935-
- Includes bibliographical references.
- A new lesson plan
- The uncertainty principle
- It's the classroom, stupid
- Which children get left behind?
- Child victims of ideological warfare
- A nation at risk, and at fault
- Educators are their own worst enemies
- The folly of local control
- A federal takeover
- Mayors in, school boards out
- Below the radar
- A new breed of management leaders
- Turnarounds or merry-go-rounds?
- The audacity of hope for all schoolchildren.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book presents a bold, unconventional plan to rescue our nation's schoolchildren from a failing public education system. The plan reflects the author's rare fusion of on-the-ground experience as school board member, public administrator and political activist and exhaustive policy research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781607095484 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1607095483 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781607095491 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1607095491 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781607095507 (electronic)
- 1607095505 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: