Guiding professional learning communities : inspiration, challenge, surprise, and meaning
- Shirley M. Hord, James L. Roussin, William A. Sommers ; foreword by Roland S. Barth.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2010.
- Physical description
- xiii, 225 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB2822.82 .H666 2010
- Unknown LB2822.82 .H666 2010
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 217-220) and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Authors Part I. Introduction: Things You Need to Know Before You Use This Book Part II. Before You Begin: Words to the Wise Part III. Learning Opportunities for Your PLC Concepts Essential to a PLC A Crisp Rationale for PLC Benefits to Staff and to Students: A Flamingo Dialogue Research-Based Components of a PLC: A Jigsaw Component 1: Beliefs, Values, and Vision My Personal Learning Compass Creating a Culture of Academic Optimism Prioritized Abandonment Discovering Our Core Values Component 2: Shared Leadership Friendly Feedback for the Principal A Guide for Making Decisions Learning Conversations Component 3: Structural Conditions Time and Other Essential Ingredients Assessing the Effectiveness of PLC Meetings Assessment for PLC Development The Learning Community's Work Identifying A PLC Learning Goal Traffic Light Indicator Component 4: Relational Conditions The Importance of Trust in the PLC Group Development Mapping Collaborative Interactions Relational Conditions Building Consensus Defusing Conflict in a PLC Component 5: Collective Learning Enemies of Learning Principles for Adult Learning The PLC Action Plan Listening Together in the PLC Using the Stages of Concern to Connect Professional Learning to the Classroom Using the Levels of Use to Connect Professional Learning to the Classroom PLC Growth Development Profile Component 6: Sharing Personal Practice "Foursight" for Learning: Four Focus Areas to Consider in Monitoring for Student Learning Four Conversations Coaching: Transferring Adult Learning to the Classroom Reflection Protocols Video Sharing Protocol Part IV: Bringing Closure References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This research-based sequel to "Leading Professional Learning Communities" focuses on the practical process of implementing, improving, and sustaining PLCs. Appropriate for groups at all stages of PLC development, this field book helps educators improve PLC operations by facilitating individual and group development and growth. The authors provide learning opportunities that generate conversations about adult learning and contribute to supportive conditions that strengthen teacher quality and raise student outcomes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781412972710 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 141297271X (pbk. : alk. paper)