Classroom testing and assessment for all students : beyond standardization
- Spencer J. Salend.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2009.
- Physical description
- viii, 165 p. : ill. ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3051 .S242 2009||Unknown|
- Salend, Spencer J.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 156-161) and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Author Introducing Inclusive Classroom Testing and Assessment Practices 1. Creating and Grading Valid and Accessible Teacher-Made Tests What Factors Should I Consider in Determining the Content of My Tests? How Can I Foster the Readability and Legibility of My Tests? How Can I Format My Tests to Help My Students to Be Organized and Motivated and to Pay Attention? How Can I Help My Students Understand and Follow Test Directions? How Can I Compose Understandable, Useful, Valid, and Appropriate Test Items? How Can I Grade My Teacher-Made Tests? 2. Determining and Implementing Valid and Appropriate Testing Accommodations What Are the Elements of Valid Testing Accommodations? What Are the Different Types of Testing Accommodations? Who Is Eligible to Receive Testing Accommodations? How Are Valid and Appropriate Testing Accommodations for Students Determined? How Can the Implementation of Testing Accommodations Be Fostered? 3. Using Technology-Based Testing How Can Technology-Based Testing Be Used to Enhance Student Motivation and Feedback and Minimize Student Errors? How Can Technology-Based Testing Be Used to Present Test Directions and Items to Students? How Can Technology-Based Testing Be Used to Help Students Respond to Objective Test Questions? How Can Technology-Based Testing Be Used to Help Students Respond to Essay Tests Questions? What Concerns Need to Be Considered and Addressed When Using Technology-Based Testing? 4. Teaching Effective Study and Test-Taking Skills and Strategies How Can I Assess My Students? Study and Test-Taking Skills and Strategies? What Effective Study Skills and Strategies Do My Students Need to Learn? What Effective Test-Taking Skills and Strategies Do My Students Need to Learn? How Can I Help My Students Who Experience Test Anxiety? How Can I Teach Effective Study and Test-Taking Skills and Strategies to My Students? How Can I Work With My Students? Families to Support Their Children?s Use of Effective Study and Test-Taking Skills? 5. Using Classroom Assessments How Can I Use Classroom Assessments to Monitor the Learning Progress of My Students? How Can I Use Classroom Assessments to Implement Performance Assessment? How Can I Use Technology to Implement Performance Assessment? Appendix A Appendix B References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412966429 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The challenges of implementing the high-stakes provisions of NCLB and IDEA are relatively new. This book presents the latest assessment models to help meet the challenges of NCLB and IDEA through the use of universal design, testing accommodations, technology-based testing, and alternate assessments. Recognizing the promises and challenges associated with assessment and testing, the author provides general and special educators with the knowledge and skills to differentiate their testing. "Classroom Testing for ALL Students: Beyond Standardized Assessments" offers techniques, practices, examples, and resources to aid teachers in providing all students with access to appropriate testing programs and accountability systems that foster their teaching and their students' learning.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412966429 20160528
- Publication date
- 9781412966429 (cloth)
- 1412966426 (cloth)
- 9781412966436 (pbk.)
- 1412966434 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: