Comprehensive planning for safe learning environments : a school professional's guide to integrating physical and psychological safety, prevention through recovery
- Melissa A. Reeves, Linda M. Kanan, Amy E. Plog.
- New York : Routledge, c2010.
- Physical description
- xxxi, 340 p. : ill. ; 23 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.).
- School-based practice in action series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: 1 v. + 1 CD-
|LB2864.5 .R44 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 287-330) and index.
- Part I: Establishing a Safe School Climate. Introduction and Overview to Establishing a Safe School. Obtaining Support from Key Stakeholders. Part II: Physical Safety: Multi-hazards Prevention and Preparedness. Integrating a Multi-hazards Approach to Establish a Safe Learning Environment. Establishing an Effective School Crisis Plan. Monitoring Crisis Planning and Preparation. Part III: Psychological Safety: Multi-level Prevention and Intervention. Universal Prevention and Preparedness. Early and Targeted Interventions. Managing Risky Behaviors and Intensive Interventions. Crisis Management and Recovery Efforts.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415998352 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This book provides school administrators, school-based mental health professionals, and other educational professionals with the framework and tools needed to establish a comprehensive safe learning environment. The authors identify four necessary phases to achieve this (prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery) and provide numerous examples and tools to help readers create safe environments, while also addressing students' academic, emotional, and social needs. An emphasis is placed on the importance of the balance between physical and psychological safety within a multi-tiered framework - it is not enough for students to know their school is secure; they must also feel they are safe and can turn to their teachers and school-based mental health professionals with their concerns. There is an accompanying CD that contains several valuable resources, such as forms, handouts, articles, and monitoring tools.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415998352 20160528
- Publication date
- School based practice in action series
- 9780415998352 (paper : alk. paper)
- 0415998352 (paper : alk. paper)
- 9780415998345 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0415998344 (cloth : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: