Film art : an introduction
- Bordwell, David.
- 9th ed.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, c2010.
- Physical description
- xx, 519 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Thompson, Kristin, 1950-
- Includes bibliographical references, filmographies, and index.
- Part One: Film Art and Filmmaking Chapter 1. Putting Films on Screen Part Two: Film Form Chapter 2. The Significance of Film Form Chapter 3. Narrative as a Formal System Part Three: Film Style Chapter 4. The Shot: Mise-en-Scene Chapter 5. The Shot: Cinematography Chapter 6. The Relation of Shot to Shot: Editing Chapter 7. Sound in the Cinema Chapter 8. Style as a Formal System Part Four: Types of Films Chapter 9. Film Genres Chapter 10. Documentary, Experimental, and Animated Films Part Five: Critical Analysis of Films Introduction: Writing a Critical Analysis of a Film Chapter 11. Sample Analyses Part Six: Film Art and Film History Chapter 12. Film Art and Film History.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Frame enlargements throughout the text enable students to view images taken directly from completed films, while an optional, text-specific tutorial CD-ROM helps clarify and reinforce specific concepts covered.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- David Bordwell, Kristin Thompson.
- 9780073386164 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0073386162 (pbk. : alk. paper)