Royal Chicano Air Force screen prints from the collection of Tere Romo, 1970-2002
- Physical description
- 52 prints in 1 print box and 42 prints in 4 map folders
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|MSS PRINTS 0356||In-library use|
- Corporate Author
- Royal Chicano Air Force (RCAF)
- Aguilar, Laura.
- Caro, Manolo.
- Cervantes, Juan.
- Cid, Armando.
- Cuellar, Rodolfo.
- Favela, Ricardo.
- Felix, José.
- Fuentes Lojo, Juan V.
- Gamboa, Diane.
- Garibay, Mariana.
- González, Luis.
- Montoya, José.
- Montoya, Malaquias, 1938-
- Orosco, Juan.
- Negrete, Michael.
- Romo, Terecita collector.
- Padilla, Stan.
- Villa, Esteban.
- Mexican American artists > California.
- Mexican American art > California.
- Mexican Americans > Intellectual life.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Accession 2010-134, 42 prints, includes ten in folder 4 which are by other California artists, 1986-2002, including Juan Fuentes, Laura Aguilar, Malaquias Montoya, Diane Gamboa, and Mariana Garibay.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2009, accession 2009-297; and gift of Tere Romo, 2009, accession 2009-298. Additional 42 prints purchased, 2010, accession 2010-134.
- The Royal Chicano Air Force (RCAF) is an artistic collective based in Sacramento. Initially named the Rebel Chicano Art Front, the RCAF was founded in 1969 to express the goals of the Chicano civil rights and labor organizing movement of the United Farm Workers. Its mission was to make available to the Chicano community a bilingual/bicultural arts center where artists could come together, exchange ideas, provide mutual support, and make available to the public artistic, cultural, and educational programs and events. The founding members of the RCAF include José Montoya, Esteban Villa, Juanishi V. Orosco, Ricardo Favela, and Rudy Cuellar.
- Cumulative index or finding aid
- Collection listing available in the department.
Browse related items
Start at call number: