- Lynn Fendler.
- London ; New York : Continuum, c2010.
- Physical description
- xiv, 235 p. ; 25 cm.
- Continuum library of educational thought ; v. 22.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB880 .F682 F46 2010||Unknown|
- Fendler, Lynn.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -227) and index.
- Intellectual biography-- Critical exposition of the thinker's work-- The reception and influence of the work-- The relevance of the work today-- Bibliography-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781847060884 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This is a major international reference series providing comprehensive accounts of the work of seminal educational thinkers from a variety of periods, disciplines and traditions. Michael Foucault is undisputedly a major thinker in education. Lynn Fendler's volume offers the most coherent account of Foucault's educational thought. This work is divided into: intellectual bibliography; critical exposition of Foucault's work; the reception and influence of Foucault's work; and, the relevance of the work today. It is the most ambitious and prestigious such project ever published - a definitive resource for at least a generation. The thinkers include: Aquinas, Aristotle, Bourdieu, Bruner, Dewey, Foucault, Freire, Holt, Kant, Locke, Montessori, Neill, Newman, Owen, Peters, Piaget, Plato, Rousseau, Steiner, Vygotsky, West and Wollstonecraft.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781847060884 20160528
- Publication date
- Continuum library of educational thought ; v. 22
- 9781847060884 (hardcover)
- 1847060889 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: