Education and poverty in affluent countries
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- ix, 253 p. ; 24 cm.
- Routledge research in education 31.
LC4065 .E38 2010
- Unknown LC4065 .E38 2010
- Raffo, Carlo.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -246) and index.
- Section 1: Education and Poverty: A Mapping Framework 1. Education and Poverty in Affluent Countries: An Introduction to the Book and the Mapping Framework Carlo Raffo, Alan Dyson, Helen Gunter, Dave Hall, Lisa Jones and Afroditi Kalambouka 2. The Mapping Framework, Research Literature and Policy Implications within a Functionalist Perspective Carlo Raffo, Alan Dyson, Helen Gunter, Dave Hall, Lisa Jones and Afroditi Kalambouka 3. The Mapping Framework, Research Literature and Policy Implications within a Socially Critical Perspective Carlo Raffo, Alan Dyson, Helen Gunter, Dave Hall, Lisa Jones and Afroditi Kalambouka Section 2: International Studies on Education and Poverty 4. Neoliberal Urban Education Policy: Chicago, A Paradigmatic Case of the Production of Inequality, and Racial Exclusion Pauline Lipman 5. Inclusive School Leadership Strategies in Disadvantaged Schools Based on Student and Community Voice: Implications for Australian Educational Policy John Smyth 6. Effectiveness and Disadvantage in Education: Can a Focus on Effectiveness Aid Equity in Education? Daniel Muijs 7. High Hopes in a Changing World: Social Disadvantage, Educational Expectations, and Occupational Attainment in Three British Cohort Studies Ingrid Schoon 8. Area-Based Initiatives in English Education: What Place for Place and Space? Ruth Lupton 9. A Critical Pedagogy of Global Place: Regeneration in and as Action Pat Thomson 10. Leaving School and Moving On: Poverty, Urban Youth and Learning Identities Meg Maguire 11. The Challenges of Poverty and Urban Education in Canada: Lessons from Two School Boards Jane Gaskell and Ben Levin Section 3: An Examination of Educational Policy 12. Policy and the Policy Process Helen Gunter, Carlo Raffo, Dave Hall Alan Dyson, Lisa Jones and Afroditi Kalambouka 13. Poverty and Educational Policy Initiatives: A Review Carlo Raffo, Alan Dyson, Helen Gunter, Dave Hall, Lisa Jones and Afroditi Kalambouka 14. What is to be Done? Implications for Policy Makers Alan Dyson, Helen Gunter, Dave Hall, Carlo Raffo, Lisa Jones and Afroditi Kalambouka.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Brings together scholarship and analysis from some of the most influential scholars on education to provide a comprehensive mapping of research evidence and policy strategies about education and poverty in affluent countries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Carlo Raffo ... [et al.].
- Routledge research in education ; 31
- 9780415998802 (hbk.)
- 0415998808 (hbk.)
- 9780203860335 (ebk.)
- 0203860330 (ebk.)