- Royal National Theatre ; producers, Chris Hunt, Andy Picheta, Richard Price ; writer, Oscar Hammerstein II ; director, Trevor Nunn.
- Chatsworth, CA : Image Entertainment, 
- Physical description
- 2 videodiscs (ca. 180 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Rodgers, Richard, 1902-1979.
- Hammerstein, Oscar, II, 1895-1960
- Hunt, Chris.
- Picheta, Andy.
- Price, Richard, 1949-
- Nunn, Trevor.
- Jackman, Hugh.
- Lipman, Maureen.
- Gabrielle, Josefina.
- Hensley, Shuler.
- Johnston, Jimmy.
- Stroman, Susan.
- Polycarpou, Peter.
- Simon, Vicki.
- Milligan, Stuart, 1953-
- Anker, Helen.
- Wheeler, Paul, 1945-
- Walmsley, Eric.
- Palmer, Keith.
- Ward, Anthony.
- Lawson, Christopher.
- Royal National Theatre (Great Britain)
- Image Entertainment (Firm)
- Laurie, an Oklahoma farm gal is courted by boisterous cowboy Curley and by menacing, obsessive farm hand Jud Frye. Fearing that Jud will do something terrible to Curley, Laurie accepts Jud's invitation to the box social. But Curley rescues Laurie from Jud's unwanted advances, and wins her hand. On the eve of their wedding, Laurie and Curley are menaced by Jud. During a fight with Curley, Jud falls on his own knife and is killed. The local deputy insists that Curley be arrested, but he is outvoted by Curley's friends, and the newlyweds are permitted to ride off on their honeymoon.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Title on container: Roger & Hammerstein's Oklahoma!
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1999.
- Based on the play "Green grow the lilacs" by Lynn Riggs.
- Filmed Royal National Theatre staging of the musical Oklahoma!, shown on television in Great Britain in September, 1999.
- Bonus disc includes The making of Oklahoma.
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Paul Wheeler ; art director, Eric Walmsley ; editor, Keith Palmer ; music, Richard Rodgers ; costume designer, Anthony Ward ; production designer, Anthony Ward; visual effects designer, Christopher Lawson ; choreographer, Susan Stroman.
- Hugh Jackman, Josefina Gabrielle, Shuler Hensley, Jimmy Johnston, Maureen Lipman, Peter Polycarpou, Vicki Simon, Stuart Milligan, Helen Anker.
- MPAA rating: Not rated.
- DVD, Region 1 encoding, 5.1 Dolby digital.
- Related Work
- Riggs, Lynn, 1899-1954. Green grow the lilacs.
- Publisher Number
- ID1057OKDVD Image Entertainment
Browse related items
Start at call number: