Encyclopedia of African American education
- edited by Kofi Lomotey.
- Los Angeles : SAGE, c2010.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (xxvi, 1111 p.) ; 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC2771 .E63 2010 V.1||In-library use|
|LC2771 .E63 2010 V.2||In-library use|
Library has: v.1-
- Lomotey, Kofi.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. A-R
- v. 2. S-Z.
- Publisher's Summary
- "The Encyclopedia of African American Education" covers educational institutions at every level, from preschool through graduate and professional training, with special attention to historically black and predominantly black colleges and universities. Other entries cover individuals, organizations, associations, and publications that have had a significant impact on African American education. The Encyclopedia also presents information on public policy affecting the education of African Americans, including both court decisions and legislation. It includes a discussion of curriculum, concepts, theories, and alternative models of education, and addresses the topics of gender and sexual orientation, religion, and the media. The Encyclopedia also includes a Reader's Guide, provided to help readers find entries on related topics. It classifies entries in sixteen categories: Alternative Educational Models; Associations and Organizations; Biographies; Collegiate Education; Curriculum; Economics; Gender; Graduate and Professional Education; Historically Black Colleges and Universities; Legal Cases; Pre-Collegiate Education; Psychology and Human Development; Public Policy; Publications; Religious Institutions; and, Segregation/Desegregation. Some entries appear in more than one category. This two-volume reference work will be an invaluable resource not only for educators and students but for all readers who seek an understanding of African American education both historically and in the 21st century.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412940504 20160528
- Publication date
- "A Sage reference publication."
- 9781412940504 (cloth)
- 1412940508 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: