Learning, creating, and using knowledge : concept maps as facilitative tools in schools and corporations
- Joseph D. Novak.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xiv, 317 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1060 .N677 2010||Unknown|
- Novak, Joseph D. (Joseph Donald)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -301) and indexes.
- Preface Acknowledgments An Overview of the Book The Need for a Theory of Education Meaningful Learning for Empowerment The Construction of New Meanings Ausubel's Assimilation Learning Theory The Nature of Knowledge and How Humans Create Knowledge The Effective Teacher/Manager The Context for Education/Management Evaluation and Rewards Improving Education in Schools and Corporations References.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415991858 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Fully revised and updated, this new edition updates Novak's theory for meaningful learning and autonomous knowledge building along with tools to make it operational; that is, concept maps, created with the use of CMapTools and the V diagram. It is essential reading for educators at all levels and corporate managers who seek to enhance worker productivity.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415991858 20160528
- Publication date
- "First published 1998 by Lawrence Erlbaum Associates"--T.p. verso.
- 9780415991858 (pbk.)
- 0415991854 (pbk.)
- 9780415991841 (hbk.)
- 0415991846 (hbk.)
- 9780203862001 (ebk)
- 0203862007 (ebk)
Browse related items
Start at call number: