Children, their world, their education : final report and recommendations of the Cambridge Primary Review
- Corporate Author
- Cambridge Primary Review (Organization)
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xvi, 586 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
LA633 .C36 2010B
- Unknown LA633 .C36 2010B
- Alexander, Robin J.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -576) and index.
- 1. Introduction Part One: Contexts 2. The Review and other discourses 3. Policies and Legacies Part Two: Children and Childhood 4. Childhood Today 5. Children's lives outside school 6. Parenting, caring and educating 7. Children's development and learning 8. Children, diversity and equity 9. Children with special needs 10. Children's voices Part Three: The Experience of Primary Education 11. Foundations: The early years 12. What is primary education for? 13. Curriculum past and present 14. Towards a new curriculum 15. Pedagogy 16. Assessment, learning and accountability 17. Attainment, standards and quality 18. Schools and Communities Part Four: The System of Primary Education 19. Structures and Transitions 20. Schools, local authorities and other agencies 21. Teachers: expertise, development, deployment 22. Professional leadership and workforce reform 23. The context and impact of policy Part Five: Conclusions and Recommendations 24. Conclusions and Recommendations.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Presents a report from the Cambridge Primary Review, the comprehensive enquiry into English primary education. This book is grounded in evidence from research, official data and the enquiry's thousands of individual and organisational witnesses.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Robin Alexander ; contributing authors, Robin Alexander ... [et al.].
- 9780415548717 (pbk.)
- 0415548713 (pbk.)
- 9780415548700 (hbk.)
- 0415548705 (hbk.)