Revolutionizing pedagogy : education for social justice within and beyond global neo-liberalism
- edited by Sheila Macrine, Peter McLaren, and Dave Hill.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
- Physical description
- xvi, 269 p. ; 22 cm.
- Marxism and education.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|HX526 .R49 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface-- M.Montero Introduction-- S.Macrine PART I: FRAMEWORKDS FOR ORGANIZING PEDAGOGY A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, or a Sheep in Wolf's Clothing: Resistance to Educational Reform in Chile-- J.Pinkney Pastrana Education Rights, Education Policies and Inequality in South Africa-- S.Vally, E.Motala & B.Ramadiro Taking on the Corporatization of Public Education: What Teacher Education Can Do-- P.Leistyna Critical Pedagogy in the Shadows of Empires-- P.McLaren & S.Macrine PART II: STRATEGIES FOR PRACTICING CRITICAL PEDAGOGY Class, Capital and Education in this Neoliberal and Neoconservative Period-- D.Hill Hijacking Public Schooling: The Epicentre of Neo Radical Centrism-- J.Paraskeva Defending Dialectics: Rethinking the Neo-Marxist Turn in Critical Education Theory-- W.Au Critical Teaching as the Counter-Hegemony to Neo-liberalism-- J.Smyth Empowering Education: Freire, Cynicism and a Pedagogy of Action-- R.Van Heertum Teachers Matter!Don't They?: Placing Teachers and Their Work in the Global Knowledge Economy-- S.L.Robertson Afterword: After Neoliberalism: Which Way Capitalism?-- D.Hursh.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230607996 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- In response to the myriad of market-driven models of reform in education and beyond, this book brings together a group of top international scholars who consider Pedagogy of Critique, Revolutionary Pedagogy and Radical Critical Pedagogy as forms of praxis to examine the paradoxical roles of schooling in reproducing and legitimizing large-scale structural inequalities.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230607996 20160528
- Publication date
- Marxism and education
- 9780230607996 (alk. paper)
- 0230607993 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: