Bibliography of British and Irish history [electronic resource].
- Turnhout, Belgium : Brepolis
- The Bibliography of British and Irish History (BBIH) provides bibliographic data on historical writing dealing with the British Isles, and with the British Empire and Commonwealth, during all periods for which written documentation is available - from 55BC to the present. It is the successor to the Royal Historical Society Bibliography of British and Irish History, available online from 2002 to 2009. The Bibliography aims to be as comprehensive as is practical for publications since 1900 and has been enriched by co-operation with other projects. Data from the London's Past Online project were added to the database in January 2003 and the first batch of data from Irish History Online was added in August 2004, with further batches from both projects being added later. From the end of 2006 the Bibliography has co-operated with teams working under the auspices of the Scottish Historical Review Trust which will henceforth edit the primarily Scottish titles in the database. All titles included in The Royal Historical Society Bibliography on CD-ROM (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1998) are included in the database (with the exception of unpublished theses).
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Title from HTML header: Brepolis : BBIH
- Updated 3 times per year
- Vol/date range
- Began in 2009.
- Title from home page (viewed Nov. 17, 2009).
- "BBIH is a partnership between the Institute of Historical Research, the Royal Historical Society, and Brepolis Publishers"--search screen.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Included Work
- London's past online.
- Irish history online.
- Royal Historical Society Bibliography of British and Irish History
- Related item
- Royal Historical Society bibliography on CD-ROM. Version 1.0. Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 1998 ( 0192685732 )