Andy Warhol treasures
- Matt Wrbican, Geralyn Huxley.
- London : Goodman, 2009.
- Physical description
- 125 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 31 cm. + 21 removable facsimile documents.
At the library
Art & Architecture Library (Bowes)
Locked stacks (Medium): Ask at circulation desk
|N6537 .W28 W73 2009 F||In-library use|
- Introduction-- Childhood-- Pittsburgh-- Warhol's religion-- ObsessionHollywood-- Julia Warhol-- Carnegie Melon University and Warhol's technique-- New York in the 1950's-- Warhol as a struggling artist-- Success as a commercial artist-- Round-the-world voyage-- Warhol and dance-- Truman Capote-- 1960s - American Camelot and the Kennedy era-- Early Pop Art-- Early icons-- Disasters-- Filmmaking-- Technology-- Warhol's books-- Beautiful 1960s girls and beautiful boys-- The Velvet Underground-- Shooting-- Tastemakers-- 1970s - a decade of indulgence-- 1970s girls and boys-- Interview magazine-- Nightlife-- Travel-- TV-- Warhol and drag-- Rock 'n' roll-- Fashion-- 1980s - the downtown scene, AIDS, Reagan era-- Celebrity portraits-- Self-portraits-- House, home and collecting-- Installations and exhibitions-- Andy Warhol as mentor-- The end.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
One of the world's best-known artists, Andy Warhol (1928-1987) still exerts influence on contemporary art and culture. Packed with information about Warhol's prolific creativity, as well as his other cultural interests, the project follows the arc of his life. This beautifully illustrated publication reveals Warhol's rags-to-riches life from his early years in Depression-era Pittsburgh to his success as an illustrator in New York City in the 1950s and his transformation into a notorious Pop Artist, underground filmmaker, author, publisher, collector, recorder and iconic celebrity. With 21 beautifully produced removable facsimile documents help give an unprecedented insight into Warhol's life and work in this unique and authoritative guide to this celebrated modern artist.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Accompanying materials include facsimile reproductions of: passport, letter to Andy Warhol from Lance Russell, eight pages of personal notes, article from Interview Magazine (March 1972), academic transcript, business card, two post cards, newspaper article, Campbell's product list, hospital bill, letter from New York hospital, photos, receipt, three posters, stencils, two miniature books.
- Accompanying material issued in pocket attached to inside back cover and in envelopes glued to pages.
- Includes index.
- 9781847960047 (hbk.)
- 1847960049 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: