Handbook of complementary methods in education research
- Mahwah, N.J. : Lawrence Erlbaum Associates ; Washington, D.C. : Published for the American Educational Research Association, 2006.
- Physical description
- xxix, 865 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
LB1028 .C577 2006
- Unknown LB1028 .C577 2006
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Philosophies of educational research / Eric Bredo - Epistemology and educational research / Gregory J. Kelly - The ethics of educational research / Kenneth A. Strike - Analyzing multidimensionality of texts in education / Charles Bazerman - Arts based educational research / Tom Barone, Elliot Eisner - Case study materials / Robert K. Yin - Cross-case analysis / Kathryn M. Borman, Christopher Clarke, Bridget Cotner, and Reginald Lee - Curriculum assessment / Andrew C. Porter - Data modeling / Kevin H. Kim - Definition and analysis of data from videotape / Frederick Erickson - Design experiments / Alan H. Schoenfeld - Developmental research / Hsiu-Zu Ho, Stacy L. O'Farrell, Sehee Hong, and Sukkyung You - Discourse-in-use / David Bloome and Caroline Clark - Empirical bayes / Henry Braun - Estimation / Juliet Popper Shaffer - Ethnography / Kathryn M. Anderson-Levitt - Finding pattern with field notes / Jan Nespor - Generalizability theory / Richard J. Shavelson and Noreen M. Webb - Historical research in education / John L. Rury - Historical studies : Groups/institutions / Annetter Henry - Interviewing in educational research / Mary E. Brenner - Introduction to measurement theory / Linda Crocker - Item response theory / Susan Embretson and Xiangdong Yang - Linear regression and hierarchical linear models / Delena M. Harrison and Stephen W. Raudenbush
- Meta-analysis : The quantitative synthesis of research findings / Gene V. Glass - The microgenetic method / Clark A. Chinn - Multiple methodology in education research / Mary Lee Smith - Narrative inquiry / F. Michael Connelly and D. Jean Clandinin - Philosophical inquiry / Nicholas C. Burbules and Bryan R. Warnick - Practitioner inquiry / Marilyn Cochran-Smith and Kelly Donnell - Probablility and hypothesis testing / Joel R. Levin - Quasi-experimental design / William R. Shadish and Jason K. Luellen - Randomized experiments in educational research / Thomas D. Cook and Vandna Sinha - Representing qualitative data / Margaret Eisenhart - Research synthesis : Effect sizes / Bruce Thompson - Statistical graphics : A guidepost for scientific discovery / Howard Wainear and Paul F. Velleman - Survey methods in educational research / Mark Berends - Survey sampling / James Chromy - Language and literacy research / Celia Genishi and Tamara Glupczynski - Offical and unoffical stories / Linda McSpadden McNeil and Eileen M. Coppola - Policy analysis : Studying policy implementation / Margaret E. Goertz - Program evaluation : A democratic practice / Saville Kushner and Clem Adelman - Researching the complexity of classroom interaction / Lesley A. Rex, Sharilyn C. Steadman, and Mary K. Grociano - Researching race, culture, and difference / James A. Banks - Theoretical and practical advances through research on learning / James G. Greeno - Programs of research in teacher education / Susan Noffke and Ken Zeichner.
- Supplemental links
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- edited by Judith L. Green, Gregory Camilli, Patricia B. Elmore, with Audra Skukauskaitė and Elizabeth Grace.
- "Successor volume to AERA's earlier and highly acclaimed editions of Complementary methods for research in education"--P.  of cover.
- Related Work
- Complementary methods for research in education.
- 0805859322 (cl. : alk. paper)
- 9780805859324 (cl. : alk. paper)
- 0805859330 (p. : alk. paper)
- 9780805859331 (p. : alk. paper)