Planning and assessment in higher education : demonstrating institutional effectiveness
- Michael F. Middaugh.
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco : Jossey-Bass, c2010.
- Physical description
- xiii, 240 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2341 .M4437 2010||Unknown|
- Middaugh, Michael F., 1945-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 227-232) and index.
- Preface. About the Author. 1. The National Context for Assessment. 2. Starting at the Beginning: Mission-Driven Planning and Assessment. 3. Assessing Institutional Effectiveness: Student Issues. 4. A Core Issue in Institutional Effectiveness: Developing Sensible Measures of Student Learning. 5. Maximizing Human and Fiscal Resources in Support of the Teaching/Learning Process. 6. A Comparative Context for Examining Data on Teaching Loads and Instructional Costs. 7. Measuring Administrative Effectiveness. 8. Communicating Assessment Results. 9. Where Do We Go From Here? Appendix A: University of Delaware College Selection Survey. Appendix B: University of Delaware 2007 Study of Instruction Costs and Productivity, By Academic Discipline. References. Web-Based References. Resources for Further Reading. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470400906 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "Planning and Assessment in Higher Education" provides guidance for assessing and promoting institutional effectiveness. The book contains a wide range of issues, from measures of effectiveness to communicating with the public. Written by an expert in the field, with titles such as the "Assistant VP for Institutional Research and Planning", director of national costs of instruction research project, as well as the Vice Chair of an accreditation agency, this is an essential resource for university leaders for achieving institutional effectiveness.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470400906 20160528
- Supplemental links
Table of contents only
Contributor biographical information
- Publication date
- The Jossey-Bass higher and adult education series
- 9780470400906 (cloth)
- 0470400900 (cloth)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: