Domestic violence and children : a handbook for schools and early years settings
- Abigail Sterne and Liz Poole ; with Donna Chadwick, Catherine Lawler and Lynda W. Dodd.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xii, 146 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1027.5 .S76 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -143) and index.
- Part One: The Impact of Domestic Violence on Children and Families 1. Introduction and Background - Children Living with Domestic Violence 2. The Impact on Babies and Young Children 3. The Impact on School-Aged Children 4. Families in Refuges and Temporary Accomodation 6. Summary - Domestic Violence and the Every Child Matters Five Key Outcomes Part Two: Meeting Children's Needs in Schools and Early Years Settings 7. Introduction 8. Engaging and Supporting Parents 9. Meeting Children's Needs in Early Years Settings 10. Supporting School-Aged Children 11. The Roles of Other Professionals 12. Supporting Transient Pupils and Pupils in Refuges and Temporary Accomodation 13. Safety and Confidentiality Issues 14. Looking to the Future: Educating Young People and the Community.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415465519 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This book describes the impact of domestic violence on children and provides support for education and social care professionals, suggesting practical ways in which Education staff can meet the needs of pupils from difficult home backgrounds.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780203869109 20160527
- Publication date
- 9780415465519 (pbk.)
- 0415465516 (pbk.)
- 9780415556323 (hbk.)
- 0415556325 (hbk.)
- 9780203869109 (ebook)
- 0203869109 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: