Allelopathy in sustainable agriculture and forestry [electronic resource]
- edited by Ren Sen Zeng, Azim U. Mallik, Shi Ming Luo.
- New York ; London : Springer, 2008.
- Physical description
- xiv, 411 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- History.- Historical Examples of Allelopathy and Ethnobotany from the Mediterranean Region.- Allelopathy: Advances, Challenges and Opportunities.- Allelopathy in Chinese Ancient and Modern Agriculture.- Allelochemicals and Allelopathic Mechanisms.- Allelochemicals in Plants.- Allelopathy: Full Circle from Phytotoxicity to Mechanisms of Resistance.- Allelopathic Mechanisms and Experimental Methodology.- Indirect Effects of Phenolics on Plant Performance by Altering Nitrogen Cycling: Another Mechanism of Plant-Plant Negative Interactions.- Genomic Approaches to Understanding Allelochemical Effects on Plants.- Allelopathy from a Mathematical Modeling Perspective.- Application of Allelopathy in Agriculture and Forestry.- Progress and Prospect of Rice Allelopathy Research.- Rice Allelopathy Research in China.- Recent Advances in Wheat Allelopathy.- Sorghum Allelopathy for Weed Management in Wheat.- Allelochemicals in Pre-cowing Soils of Continuous Soybean Cropping and Their Autointoxication.- Autotoxicity in Agriculture and Forestry.- Black Walnut Allelopathy: Implications for Intercropping.- Plant Growth Promoting Rhizobacteria and Mycorrhizal Fungi in Sustainable Agriculture and Forestry.- Utilization of Stress Tolerant, Weed Suppressive Groundcovers for Low Maintenance Landscape Settings.- Allelopathy in Forested Ecosystems.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387773360 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- This is the first comprehensive and up-to-date reference on the science, mechanism, methodology, and application of allelopathy. The objective of this practical reference is to report on the latest advances by inviting leading scientists to contribute in specific fields. The volume is organized under three major subsections: History of allelopathy, Allelochemicals, allelopathic mechanisms, and bioassays, and Application of allelopathy in agriculture and forestry.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387773360 20160605
- Publication date
- This volume stemmed from International Symposium on Allelopathy Research and Application held in Sanshui, Guangdong, China, April 27-29, 2004; selected papers presented at this conference and additional invited papers constitute this volume.
- Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. : ebrary, 2008. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ebrary affiliated libraries.
- 9780387773360 (hbk.)
- 0387773363 (hbk.)
- 9780387773377 (e-ISBN)
- 0387773371 (e-ISBN)
- 6611276270 (electronic bk.)
- 9786611276270 (electronic bk.)