Equality in the primary school : promoting good practice across the curriculum
- edited by Dave Hill and Leena Helavaara Robertson.
- London ; New York, NY : Continuum, c2009.
- Physical description
- xviii, 330 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LC4704.74 .E78 2009
- Unknown LC4704.74 .E78 2009
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction-- Part 1: The Wider Context-- 1. Equality in schooling-- 2. Equality and education: what are the conceptual issues?-- 3. Putting principles into practice-- 4. Equality and teacher education-- Part 2: Subjects-- 5. English-- 6. Mathematics-- 7. Science-- 8. Design and Technology-- 9. History-- 10. Geography-- 11. Music-- 12. Art-- 13. Physical Education-- 14. ICT-- 15. Drama.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This title draws on a wealth of knowledge from international contributors all of whom recognize the importance of going promoting equality in schools. In this insightful book the editors draw on a wealth of knowledge from a varied list of contributors, from England and Wales, the USA and elsewhere, all of whom recognize the importance of going beyond equal opportunities and instead are committed to promoting equality in schools, in some cases from a critical pedagogy perspective. Topics covered include: social class; 'race'; gender; sexual orientation; disability and special educational needs with reference to all subjects taught at primary school level.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781847061003 (hardcover)
- 1847061001 (hardcover)