Secrets of the teenage brain : research-based strategies for reaching and teaching today's adolescents
- Sheryl G. Feinstein.
- 2nd ed.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xi, 202 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1737 .U6 F418 2009||Unknown|
- Feinstein, Sheryl.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 181-193) and index.
- Foreword by Eric Jensen Acknowledgments About the Author Introduction Glossary 1. Teen Brain: Under Construction 2. Teen Cognition and Learning 3. The Social Brain 4. Communication and the Unfinished Brain 5. Self-Concept Under Attack 6. The Risk-Taking Brain 7. Reaching and Teaching Today's Adolescents-Tomorrow! Conclusion: Secrets of the Teenage Brain-Revealed! In Summary Book Club Discussion Questions References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412962667 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Featuring the latest research on the adolescent brain, this second edition offers teachers fresh instructional strategies that work for engaging erratic, distracted, and often unpredictable teenagers. Lighthearted and informative, this hands-on resource helps educators understand the key issues affecting cognition and adolescent learners' emotional, social, and physical well-being. Each chapter is supported with a multitude of techniques that can be adapted to individual content areas and teachers will find new sections about technology and the brain and mirror neurons and at-risk behaviors like cutting, violence and aggression. It is an Educator's Book Club guide for sharing the challenges of teaching adolescents.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412962667 20160528
- Publication date
- 9781412962674 (pbk.)
- 1412962676 (pbk.)
- 9781412962667 (cloth)
- 1412962668 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: