Information resources in toxicology [electronic resource].
- 4th ed. / Philip Wexler... et. al.
- Amsterdam : Boston : London : Academic/Elsevier, 2009.
- Physical description
- xlii, 1510 p. ; 29 cm.
- Part I - The Discipline of Toxicology
- Part II - Subject Categorization: Books and More
- Part III - Other Resources Categorization
- Part IV Internet and Digital Tools
- Part V - Special Topics Appendices
- Publisher's Summary
- This latest version of "Information Resources in Toxicology" ("IRT") continues a tradition established in 1982 with the publication of the first edition in presenting an extensive itemization, review, and commentary on the information infrastructure of the field. This book is a unique wide-ranging, international, annotated bibliography and compendium of major resources in toxicology and allied fields such as environmental and occupational health, chemical safety, and risk assessment. Thoroughly updated, the current edition analyzes technological changes and is rife with online tools and links to Web sites. "IRT-IV" is highly structured, providing easy access to its information. Among the 'hot topics' covered are Disaster Preparedness and Management, Nanotechnology, Omics, the Precautionary Principle, Risk Assessment, and Biological, Chemical and Radioactive Terrorism and Warfare are among the designated. It is international in scope, with contributions from over 30 countries. It includes numerous key references and relevant Web links and concise narratives about toxicologic sub-disciplines. It contains valuable appendices such as the IUPAC Glossary of Terms in Toxicology. It is authored by experts in their respective sub-disciplines within toxicology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780123735935 20160528
- Publication date
- Previous ed.: 2000.
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Aug. 7, 2009). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- 9780080920030 (electronic bk.)
- 0080920039 (electronic bk.)