Global issues in food science and technology [electronic resource]
- edited by Gustavo V. Barbosa-Canovas ... [et al.].
- London : Academic, 2009.
- Section 1 Contemporary Topics
- 1.Principles of Structured Food Emulsions: Novel Formulations and Trends
- 2.The Effect of Processing and the Food Matrix on Allergenicity of Foods
- 3.Nutrigenetic of Intestinal Absorption of Fat-Soluble Microconstituents (Vitamins A, E, D and K, Carotenoids and Phytosterols)
- 4.Food Security: Local and Individual Solutions to a Global Problem
- Section 2 Consumer Trends
- 5.Sensory Science and Consumer Behavior
- 6.Designing Foods for Sensory Pleasure
- 7.The Influence of Eating Habits on Preferences Towards Innovative Food Products
- 8.Consumer Targeted Sensory Quality
- 9.How We Consume New Products? The Example of Exotic Foods (1930-2000)
- 10.Consumer Response to a New Food Safety Issue: Food Terrorism
- Section 3 Food Safety
- 11.Rapid Methods and Automation in Food Microbiology: 25 Years of Development and Predictions
- 12.The Role of Standardization Bodies in the Harmonization of Analytical Methods in Food Microbiology
- 13.Harmonization and Validation of Methods in Food Safety - FOOD-PCR: A Case Study
- 14.Current Challenges in Molecular Diagnostics in Food Microbiology
- 15.Review of Currently Applied Methodologies Used for Detection and Typing of Foodborne Viruses
- 16.Tracing Antibiotic Resistance Along the Food Chain: Why and How?
- 17.Lessons Learned in Development and Application of Detection Methods for Zoonotic Foodborne Protozoa on Lettuce and Fresh Fruit
- 18. Antimicrobial Activity of Duck Egg Lysozyme Against Salmonella Enteritidis
- 19.High-Pressure Homogenization for Food Sanitization
- 20.Key Issues and Open Questions in GMO Controls
- Section 4 Nanotechnology in Food Applications
- 21.Food Nanotechnology: Current Developments and Future Prospects
- 22.Nanotechnology and Applications in Food Safety
- 23.Nanotechnology for Foods: Delivery Systems
- 24.Nanostructured Encapsulation Systems: Food Antimicrobials.
- Publisher's Summary
- A selected compilation of writings by IUFoST organization supporters, Global Themes in Food Science and Technology were those identified as representing the most important and relevant subjects facing food scientists and technologists today. Chosen by an international editorial board, these subjects offer insights into current research and developments and were selected to stimulate additional interest and work in these key areas. The International Union of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST) is a country-membership organization is the sole global food science and technology organization. It is a voluntary, non-profit association of national food science organizations linking the world's best food scientists and technologists.The goals of their work include the international exchange of scientific and technical information, support of international food science and technology progress, the stimulation of appropriate education and training in these areas, and the fostering of professionalism and professional organization within the food science and technology community. It offers the latest insights into the topics of greatest concern to today's food science and technology professionals. It is written by an international group of academic and professional peers, based on select presentations at IUFoST meeting.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. Amsterdam : Elsevier Science & Technology, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on July 8, 2009). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- 9780080920818 (electronic bk.)
- 0080920810 (electronic bk.)