Best practices in school neuropsychology : guidelines for effective practice, assessment, and evidence-based intervention
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2010.
- Physical description
- xxvii, 857 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
RJ486.5 .B47 2010
- Unknown RJ486.5 .B47 2010
- Miller, Daniel C. (Daniel Carlton), 1956-
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Foreword. Preface. About the Editor. Contributors. SECTION I PROFESSIONAL ISSUES IN SCHOOL NEUROPSYCHOLOGY. 1 School Neuropsychology, an Emerging Specialization (Daniel C. Miller). 2 School Neuropsychology Training and Credentialing (Daniel C. Miller). 3 Ethical and Legal Issues Related to School Neuropsychology (Mary Joann Lang and Ann Marie T. Leonard-Zabel). 4 Multicultural School Neuropsychology (Robert L. Rhodes). SECTION II PRACTICE ISSUES IN SCHOOL NEUROPSYCHOLOGY. 5 School Neuropsychological Assessment and Intervention (Daniel C. Miller). 6 Integrating Cognitive Assessment in School Neuropsychological Evaluations (Dawn P. Flanagan, Vincent C. Alfonso, Samuel O. Ortiz, and Agnieszka M. Dynda). 7 The Application of Neuroscience to the Practice of School Neuropsychology (Daniel C. Miller and Philip A. DeFina). 8 Linking School Neuropsychology with Response-to-Intervention Models (Douglas A. Della Toffalo). 9 School Neuropsychology Collaboration with Home, School, and Outside Professionals (Robb N. Matthews). 10 School Reentry for Children Recovering from Neurological Conditions (H. Thompson Prout, Ginger Depp Cline, and Susan M. Prout). SECTION III CLINICAL APPLICATIONS OF SCHOOL NEUROPSYCHOLOGY: SPECIAL POPULATIONS. 11 Assessment and Intervention Practices for Children with ADHD and Other Frontal-Striatal Circuit Disorders (James B. Hale, Linda A. Reddy, Gabrielle Wilcox, Amy McLaughlin, Lisa Hain, Amy Stern, Julie Henzel, and Eleazar Eusebio). 12 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (Mary Joann Lang). 13 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Asperger's Disorder (Kathy DeOrnellas, Jacqueline Hood, and Brooke Novales). 14 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Developmental Delays (Cristin Dooley). 15 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Externalizing Disorders (Colleen Jiron). 16 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Internalizing Disorders (Jeffrey A. Miller). 17 Assessing Children Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing (Kurt Metz, Margery Miller, and Tania N. Thomas-Presswood). 18 Assessing and Intervening with Visually Impaired Children and Adolescents (Jack G. Dial and Catherine L. Dial). SECTION IV CLINICAL APPLICATIONS OF SCHOOL NEUROPSYCHOLOGY: ACADEMIC DISABILITIES. 19 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Reading Disorders (Steven G. Feifer). 20 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Written Language Disorders (Virginia W. Berninger). 21 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Math Disorders (Denise E. Maricle, Lynsey Psimas-Fraser, Raychel C. Muenke, and Daniel C. Miller). 22 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Speech and Language Disorders (Mittie T. Quinn). 23 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Nonverbal Learning Disabilities (Jed Yalof and Marie C. McGrath). SECTION V CLINICAL APPLICATIONS OF SCHOOL NEUROPSYCHOLOGY: PROCESSING DEFICITS. 24 Assessing and Intervening in Children with Executive Function Disorders (Denise E. Maricle, Wendi Johnson, and Erin Avirett). 25 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Memory and Learning Disorders (Jeffrey A. Miller and Jessica L. Blasik). 26 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Sensory-Motor Impairment (Scott L. Decker and Andrew Davis). 27 Assessing and Intervening with Chronically Ill Children (Beth Colaluca and Jonelle Ensign). 28 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Brain Tumors (Elizabeth L. Begyn and Christine L. Castillo). 29 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Seizure Disorders (Audrea R. Youngman, Cynthia A. Riccio, and Nichole Wicker). 30 Assessing and Intervening with Children with Traumatic Brain Injury (Jennifer R. Morrison). Appendix: Resources for School Neuropsychology. Author Index. Subject Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Current brain research is reshaping how we view educational diagnoses and interventions, and there is a growing interest in how neuropsychology can be applied to educational practice. "Best Practices in School Neuropsychology" features guidelines from internationally renowned researchers and clinicians on evidence-based assessment and intervention techniques. This wellspring of information for school neuropsychologists, psychologists, child psychologists, special educators, learning specialists, educational diagnosticians, and graduate students covers every area of professional and practice issues, including assessing and intervening with special populations, students with academic disabilities, those with processing deficits, and those with medical disorders.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Daniel C. Miller.
- 9780470422038 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0470422033 (cloth : alk. paper)