Education and climate change : living and learning in interesting times
- edited by Fumiyo Kagawa and David Selby.
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xvi, 259 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Routledge research in education ; 30.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC191 .E268 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword: The Fatal Complacency Desmond Tutu. Introduction Fumiyo Kagawa and David Selby 1. Climate Change Education and Communication: A Critical Perspective on Obstacles and Resistances Edgar Gonzalez-Gaudiano and Pablo Meira-Cartea 2. 'Go, Go, Go, Said the Bird': Sustainability-related Education in Interesting Times David Selby 3. Peace Learning: Universalism in Interesting Times Magnus Haavelsrud 4. Climate Injustice: How Should Education Respond? Heila Lotz-Sisitka 5. The Environment, Climate Change, Ecological Sustainability and Anti-Racist Education George J. Sefa Dei 6. Learning in Emergencies: Defense of Humanity for a Livable World Fumiyo Kagawa 7. Sustainable Democracy: Issues, Challenges and Proposals for Citizenship Education in an Age of Climate Change Ian Davies and James Pitt 8. School Improvement in Transition: An Emerging Agenda for Interesting Times Jane Reed 9. Critique, Create and Act: Environmental Adult and Social Movement Learning in an Era of Climate Change Darlene E. Clover and Budd L. Hall 10. Transforming the Ecological Crisis: Challenges for Faiths and Interfaith Education in Interesting Times Toh Swee-Hin (S.H.Toh) and Virginia Cawagas 11. Public Health Threats in a Changing Climate: Meeting the Challenges through Sustainable Health Education Janet Richardson and Margaret Wade 12. Weaving Change: Improvising Global Wisdom in Interesting and Dangerous Times Wendy Agnew. Climate Change Education: A Critical Agenda for Interesting Times Fumiyo Kagawa and David Selby.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415805858 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- There is widespread consensus in the international scientific community that climate change is happening and that abrupt and irreversible impacts are already in motion. This book reviews and reflects upon social learning from and within their field of educational expertise in response to the concerns over climate change.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415805858 20160528
- Publication date
- Routledge research in education ; 30
- 9780415805858 (hbk : alk. paper)
- 0415805856 (hbk : alk. paper)
- 9780203866399 (ebk)
- 0203866398 (ebk)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: