Reconstructing policy in higher education : feminist poststructural perspectives
- edited by Elizabeth J. Allan, Susan Van Deventer Iverson, Rebecca Ropers-Huilman.
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xx, 250 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1568 .R43 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword Judith Glazer-Raymo, Teacher's College, Columbia University Acknowledgements List of Contributors Chapter 1 Introduction Elizabeth J. Allan, University of Maine, Susan Iverson, Kent State University, and Rebecca Ropers-Huilman, University of Minnesota Chapter 2 Feminist Poststructuralism Meets Policy Analysis: An Overview Elizabeth J. Allan, University of Maine Section 1 Productions of Power through Presence within Absence Chapter 3 Corrective Lenses: Suffrage, Feminist Poststructural Analysis, and the History of Higher Education Jana Nidiffer, Oakland University Chapter 4 Purposes of Higher Education and Visions of theNation in the Writings of the Department of Education Tatiana Suspitsyna, The Ohio State University Chapter 5 The Discursive Framing of Women Leaders in Higher Education Suzanne Gordon, Husson University, Susan Iverson, Kent State University, and Elizabeth Allan, University of Maine Section 2 Subjects and Objects of Policy Chapter 6 Developing Students: Becoming Someone But Not Anyone Susan Talburt, Georgia State University Chapter 7 Title IX Policy and Intercollegiate Athletics: A Feminist Poststructural Critique Jennifer Lee Hoffman, University of Washington, Susan Iverson, Kent State University, Elizabeth J. Allan, University of Maine, and Rebecca Ropers-Huilman, University of Minnesota Chapter 8 Consuming Higher Education: Who Is Paying the Price? Jeni Hart and Jennifer Hubbard, University of Missouri-Columbia Section 3 Discursive Constructions of Change Chapter 9 Motivated to Make a Difference: Student Change Agents' Gendered Framing of Engagement Rebecca Ropers-Huilman, University of Minnesota Chapter 10 Producing Diversity: A Policy Discourse Analysis of Diversity Action Plans Susan Iverson, Kent State University Chapter 11 Knowledge Capital and Excellence: Implications of a Science-Centered University for Gender Equity Nelly P. Stromquist, University of Maryland Chapter 12 Questions and Complexities in Feminist Poststructural Policy Analysis Rebecca Ropers-Huilman, University of Minnesota, Elizabeth Allan, University of Maine, and Susan Iverson, Kent State University.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415997775 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Suitable for Higher Education Masters and PhD programs, this book joins the theory of feminist post-structuralism with research methods for the purpose of policy analysis in Higher Education. It highlights the work of accomplished and award-winning scholars.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415997775 20160528
- Written for higher education masters and PhD programs, this landmark textbook joins the theory of feminist post-structuralism with research methods for the purpose of policy analysis in higher education. It showcases the different methods that can be applied to a range of topics in higher education policy and policy development. "Reconstructing Policy in Higher Education" highlights the work of accomplished and award-winning scholars, and provides an in-depth examination of theoretical frameworks and concrete examples of how feminist post-structuralism effectively informs research methods and can serve as a vital tool for policy makers and analysts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415997768 20160528
- Publication date
- 9780415997775 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0415997771 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780415997768 (hbk : alk. paper)
- 0415997763 (hbk : alk. paper)
- 9780203870037 (e-book)
- 0203870034 (e-book)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: