Class in education : knowledge, pedagogy, subjectivity
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xviii, 206 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
LC189 .C545 2010
- Unknown LC189 .C545 2010
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Foreword Introduction 1. Cultureclass 2. Hypohumanities 3. Persistent Inequities, Obfuscating Explanations: Reinforcing the Lost Centrality of Class in Indian Educational Debates 4. Class, "Race" and State in Post-Apartheid Education 5. Racism and Islamophobia in post 7/7 Britain: Critical Race Theory, (Xeno-) Racialization, Empire and Education: A Marxist Analysis 6. Marxism, Critical Realism and Class: Implications for a Socialist Pedagogy 7. Globalization, Class, and the Social Studies Curriculum 8. Class: The Base of All Reading Afterword.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Argues for a materialist understanding of class in analyzing the structure of owning and power in social relations, and as a key element in the restructuring of society in a more egalitarian way.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Deborah Kelsh, Dave Hill and Sheila Macrine.
- 0415450276 (cloth)
- 9780415450270 (cloth)
- 020387093X (ebk)
- 9780203870938 (ebk)