The independence of the judiciary in Namibia
- edited by Nico Horn and Anton Bösl.
- Windhoek, Namibia : Macmillan Education Namibia, 2008.
- Physical description
- 325 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- The paradigm of an independent judiciary : its history, implications and limitations in Africa / Joseph B. Diescho
- The independence of the judiciary in pre-independent Namibia : legal challenges under the pre-independence Bill of Rights (1985-1990) / Nico Horn
- The structure of the Namibian judicial system and its relevance for an independent judiciary / Sam K. Amoo
- The uniqueness of the Namibian prosecutor-general / Lovisa Indongo
- The independence of the prosecutorial authority of South Africa and Namibia : a comparative study / Nico Horn
- The Magistrates Act of Namibia and the independence of magistrates / Kaijata N.G. Kangueehi
- Traditional courts in Namibia : part of the judiciary? : jurisprudential challenges of traditional justice / Manfred O. Hinz
- Politics and judicial decision-making in Namibia : separate or connected realms? / Peter VonDoepp
- The role of the executive in safeguarding the independence of the judiciary in Namibia / Oliver C. Ruppel
- Appointing acting judges to the Namibian bench : a useful system or a threat to independence of the judiciary? / Norman Tjombe
- The right to an independent and impartial tribunal : a comparative study of the Namibian judiciary and international judges / Francois-Xavier Bangamwabo
- The independence of the ombudsman in Namibia / Katharina G. Ruppel-Schlichting
- The independence of the legal profession in Namibia / Clive L. Kavendjii and Nico Horn
- Legal education and academic freedom in Namibia / Isabella Skeffers.
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: