READ : seventy strategies to support reading success
- Kimberly Kimbell-Lopez, Carrice Cummins.
- Hoboken, NJ : Wiley, c2010.
- Physical description
- vii, 184 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Wiley/Jossey-Bass education.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC149 .K56 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction Section I-Oral Language Oral Language Barrier Games DLTA Elaboration Grand Conversations Language Experience Approach Retelling Role Play Sketch to Stretch Section II-Phonemic Awareness Phonemic Awareness Clapping syllables Elkonin Boxes Language Play Picture BINGO Picture Sorts Section III-Phonics Phonics Analytic Phonics Synthetic Phonics Embedded Phonics Analogies BINGO Cloze Flip Books Making Words Rainbow Alphabet Arc Word Family Concentration Word Wall Section IV-Fluency Fluency Choral Reading Echo Reading Fluency Development Lesson (FDL) Neurological Impress Method Readers' Theater Tape Assisted Reading Section V-Vocabulary Vocabulary Concept Circles Context Clues Frayer Model Linear Arrays List Group Label Possible Sentences Predict-O-Gram Semantic Feature Analysis Semantic Maps Vocabulary Knowledge Rating Scale Vocabulary Doodles Word Sorts Section VI-Comprehension Comprehension Anticipation Guide Character Analysis Cubing Directed Reading and Thinking Activity Discussion Web GO! Chart K- W- L Plot Graph Reciprocal Teaching Question - Answer Relationships Questioning the Author Skimming and Scanning Story Bags Story Maps Story Pyramid Section VII: Writing Writing Alphabet Books Interactive Writing Journaling Learning Logs RAFT REAP SPAWN Writing Frames Section VIII: VIPs V.I.P.s: Very Important Practices and Strategies Read-Aloud Shared Reading Guided Reading Sustained Silent Reading Literature Circles.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470521038 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "R.E.A.D" will help educators turn their students into strategic readers. It presents a collection of strategies based on the 5 + 2 essential elements of literacy instruction: oral language, phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, and writing. Each section contains a brief conceptual overview as well as specific strategies that can be used to facilitate the development of that literacy process. A graphic at the beginning of each strategy identifies when it should be used, the most appropriate group size, and the grade levels for which it would be most applicable. Additional references and/or other resources are also provided at the end of each strategy description to provide educators with more information.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470521038 20160528
- Publication date
- Wiley/Jossey-Bass education
- 9780470521038 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0470521031 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: