Reading more, reading better
- edited by Elfrieda H. Hiebert.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xiv, 273 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Solving problems in the teaching of literacy.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1050 .R4164 2009||Unknown|
- Hiebert, Elfrieda H.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I: Frameworks on Reading More and Better. Hiebert, Martin, Opportunity to Read: A Critical but Neglected Construct in Reading Instruction. Allington, If They Don't Read Much!30 Years Later. McRae, Guthrie, Promoting Reasons for Reading: Teacher Practices That Impact Motivation. Part II: Instruction that Supports More and Better Reading. Cervetti, Jaynes, Hiebert, Increasing Opportunities to Acquire Knowledge through Reading. McGill-Franzen, Botzakis, Series Books, Graphic Novels, Comics, and Magazines: Unauthorized Texts, Authorized Literacy Practices. How Much and What Are Third Graders Reading? Brenner, Hiebert, Tompkins, Reading in Core Programs. Kuhn, Schwanenflugel, Time, Engagement, and Support: Lessons from a 4-Year Fluency Intervention. Part III: Critical Factors in Supporting More and Better Reading. Adams, The Challenge of Advanced Texts: The Interdependence of Reading and Learning. Bernhardt, Increasing Reading Opportunities for English Language Learners. Swanson, Wexler, Vaughn, Text Reading and Students with Learning Disabilities. Foorman, Text Difficulty in Reading Assessment. Part IV: Summary. Gambrell, Creating Opportunities to Read More So That Students Read Better.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Focuses on how teachers can improve both the quality and quantity of reading experiences in K-12 classrooms.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Solving problems in the teaching of literacy
- 9781606232866 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 160623286X (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9781606232859 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1606232851 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: