Gardner's art through the ages : non-western perspectives
- Fred S. Kleiner.
- Uniform Title
- Art through the ages. Selections
- 13th ed.
- Boston, MA : Wadsworth/Cengage Learning, c2010.
- Physical description
- xiii, 260 p. : ill. (chiefly col.), col. maps, plans ; 30 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 248-252) and index.
- Introduction: What Is Art History? 1. South and South East Asia before 1200. 2. South and Southeast Asia after 1200. 3. China and Korea to 1279. 4. China and Korea after 1279. 5. Japan before 1333. 6. Japan after 1336. 7. The Islamic World. 8. Native Arts of the Americas before 1300. 9. Native Arts of the Americas after 1300. 10. Africa before 1800. 11. Africa after 1800. 12. Oceania. Glossary. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780495793434 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- As fascinating as a real visit to the world's famous museums and architectural sites, GARDNER'S ART THROUGH THE AGES: NON-WESTERN PERSPECTIVES gives you a comprehensive, beautifully illustrated tour of the world's great non-Western artistic traditionsuplus all the study tools you need to excel in your art history course! A unique scale feature (accompanying the book's photographs of paintings and other artworks) will help you better visualize the actual size of the artworks shown in the book. You'll also find materials that will help you master the key topics quickly and help you study for your examsufor example, The Big Picture overviews at the end of every chapter, a special global timeline, and ArtStudy Online (a free interactive study guide that includes flash cards of images and quizzes).
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780495793434 20160528
- Publication date
- 9780495793434 (pbk.)
- 0495793434 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: