Biomedical engineering and design handbook
- Myer Kutz, editor.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : McGraw-Hill, c2009.
- Physical description
- 2 v. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
Library has: v.1-
|R856.15 .S73 2009 V.1||Unknown|
|R856.15 .S73 2009 V.2||Unknown|
- Kutz, Myer.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Biomechanical Systems Analysis Modeling & Simulation of Biomedical Systems Biomechanics of the Human Body Biofluid Mechanics Bioheat Transfer Physical and Flow Properties of Blood Cardiovascular Biomechanics Respiratory Mechanics and Gas Exchange Biomechanics of Nasal Breathing Biomechanics of Human Movement Biomechanics of the Musculoskelatal System Biodynamics Bones Mechanics Finite Element Analysis Vibration, Mechanical Shock, and Impact Biomaterials Biopolymers Biocomposites Bioceramics Cardiovascular Biomaterials Dental Biomaterials Biomaterials to Promote Tissue Regeneration Bioelectronics Bioelectricity and Its Movement Biomedical Signal Analysis Biomedical Signal Processing Biomedical Sensors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780071498388 20160528
- Medical Device Design Software Tools for Problem-Solving Safety and Liability Issues in Medical Device Design FDA Medical Device Requirements Design of Cardiovascular Devices Design of Respiratory Devices Design of Artificial Kidneys Design of Controlled Release Drug Delivery Systems Sterile Medical Device Package Development Diagnostic Equipment Design Design of Magnetic Resonance Systems Instrumentation Design for Ultrasonic Imaging Design of Medical X-Ray Systems Principles of X-Ray Computed Tomography PET Instrumentation Design Nuclear Medicine Imaging Instrumentation Breast Imaging Systems Design Therapy & Surgery Reproductive Bioengineering Numerical Simulation of a Thermal-Based Therapy Design Process for Emerging Surgical Technologies Medical Imagery for Computer-Aided Surgery Computer Integrated Surgery and Medical Robotics Rehabilitation Engineering and Prosthetics Design Applied Universal Design Design of Artificial Arms & Hands Design of Artificial Limbs for Lower Extremity Amputees Engineering Aspects of Artificial Hips Design of Knee Replacements Home Modification Design Wheeled Mobility Design Rehabilitators Clinical Engineering Technology Planning for Health Care Institutions Health Care Facilities Planning Dept/Program Management International Safety Standards and Regulations.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780071498395 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This is a cutting-edge guide to new medical devices and equipment, surgical and therapeutic techniques, and clinical innovations. Biomedical engineering is the application of engineering principles and techniques to the medical field. The two-volume "Biomedical Engineering and Design Handbook" offers you unsurpassed coverage of the entire biomedical engineering field, including the fundamental concepts, design processes and procedures, and applications. This landmark work contains contributions on a wide range of engineering and design problems from over 40 leading experts at universities and medical centers around the globe. Volume II provides a wealth of timely information on breakthrough developments in medical device design, diagnostic equipment design, therapy and surgery, rehabilitation and prosthetic design, and the clinical engineering of healthcare facilities. Packed with 400 instructive illustrations, this indispensable volume provides you with details on new design methods for cardiovascular and respiratory devices, imaging instrumentation, artificial limbs, healthcare facilities planning, and much more.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780071498395 20160528
- This is a state-of-the-art guide to the fundamentals of biomedical engineering, covering the biomechanics of the human body, biomaterials, and bioelectronics. The two-volume "Biomedical Engineering and Design Handbook" offers you unsurpassed coverage of the entire biomedical engineering field, including the fundamental concepts, design processes and procedures, and applications. This landmark work contains contributions on a wide range of engineering and design problems from over 40 leading experts at universities and medical centers around the globe. Volume 1 focuses on the basics of biomedical engineering, taking you step-by-step through biomedical systems analysis, biomechanics of the human body, diagnostic instrumentation, design of medical devices, biomaterials, and bioelectronics. Filled with over 500 detailed illustrations, this superb volume will give you the foundation of information needed to understand the development of new devices, techniques, and treatments.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780071498388 20160528
- Publication date
- Rev. ed. of: Standard handbook of biomedical engineering and design. c2003.
- Related Work
- Standard handbook of biomedical engineering and design.
- 9780071498388 (alk. paper)
- 0071498389 (alk. paper)
- 9780071498401 (set : alk. paper)
- 0071498400 (set : alk. paper)
- 9780071498395 (v. 2)
- 0071498397 (v. 2)
- 0071736204 (v. 1 : ebook)
- 9780071736206 (v. 1 : ebook)
- 0071736212 (v. 2 : ebook)
- 9780071736213 (v. 2 : ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: