Ecofriendly insect pest management
- S. Ignacimuthu, B.V. David.
- New Delhi : Elite Pub. House, 2009.
- Physical description
- x, 333 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- IPM-general aspects
- Entomopathogens-microbial pesticides
- Botanical pesticides
- Cultural control
- Genetic techniques
- Pheromones, attractants and repellents
- Vector control
- Publisher's Summary
- The farmers in developing countries are now renewing interest in approaches such as biological control, biopesticides and cultural practices to control insect pests. However, these non-chemical methods are not popularised among farmers in developing countries. These eco-friendly methods will play an important role in pest management in future, since they will bring about sustainable development. A systematic approach is required to develop and adapt the eco-friendly programmes for many crops and for today's production practices. This book deals with topics in the following areas: IPM General Aspects; Entomopathogens; Microbial Pesticides; Entomophages; Biological Control; Botanical Pesticides; Cultural Control Measures; Vector Control; Genetic Techniques; Attractants and Repellents.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9788188901371 20160527
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: