- by Joseph Brodsky ; photographs by Robert Morgan.
- Venice : Peter Koch, 2006.
- Physical description
- ca. 70 p. : ill. ; 42 cm.
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|Z239 .K73 B769 2006 F||In-library use|
- Publication date
- "This edition of Watermark was designed & printed letterpress by Peter Rutledge Koch. The paper is Twinrocker Da Vinci, hand-made especially for this edition, with our own watermark designed by Christopher Stinehour & Susan Filter. Robert Morgan's photographs were digitally re-configured by Donald Farnsworth. The photogravure printing plates were made by Unai San Martin and were printed at Magnolia Editions under Donald Farnsworth's supervision. Once printed, the sheets were shipped to Venice, Italy, where the text was printed at the Scuola Internazionale di Grafica di Venezia from Monotype Dante types cast at the Monotipia Olivieri in Milan. The press used was brought to Venice 'on loan' from the Tipoteca Italiana fondazione printing museum in Cornuda. Following the printing, the paper was shipped to our Berkeley studio where the book was bound in papers specially made for this edition by Cave Papers"--Colophon.
- "The edition is limited to 50 copies, 35 of which are numbered and 15 are designated hors commerce"--Colophon.
- Special Collections & University Archives copy 1: No. 10/30, signed by photographer and printer. Binding: textured brown wrappers with paper title label on spine in box which is quarter green leather with black cloth sides.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: