Education in political science : discovering a neglected field
- edited by Anja P. Jakobi, Kerstin Martens and Klaus Dieter Wolf.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical description
- xx, 233 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Routledge/ECPR studies in European political science 63.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC71 .E3 2010||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface 1. Introduction Anja P. Jakobi, Kerstin Martens & Klaus Dieter Wolf Part I Comparative Education Politics 2. Veto-Points and the Politics of Introducing School Vouchers in the US and Sweden Michael B. Klitgaard 3. Towards Convergence of Higher Education Policy in Central and Eastern Europe Michael Dobbins 4. The Transformation of the Education State in the Northern Countries Christine Hudson Part II Education in Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration 5. Policy Change in German Higher Education Katrin Toens 6. Regional Policy Implementation in the Italian Education System Emiliano Grimaldi & Roberto Serpieri 7. Agendas and School Management in Helsinki Pertti Ahonen Part III Education in International Relations 8. State Actors and Preferences in Education in the Context of GATS Antoni Verger 9. Multilateral Surveillance in Education by the OMC Rik de Ruiter 10. Education Policy Networks in the Bologna Process Alexander Nagel Part IV Meta-Reflections on Education and Political Science 11. Normative Dimensions of Reforms in Higher Education Klaus Dieter Wolf 12. Education in the Discipline of Political Science Erkki Berndtson 13. The Added-Value of a Political Science Perspective on Education Jurgen Enders 14. Conclusions Anja P. Jakobi, Kerstin Martens & Klaus Dieter Wolf.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415494779 20160527
- Publisher's Summary
- This pioneering volume is devoted to the analysis of education from the perspective of political science, applying the full range of its analytical perspectives and methodological tools. The authors focus on the governance of education and demonstrate how education can be explored systematically from a variety of political science perspectives: comparative politics, public policy analysis and public administration, international relations, and political theory.By conceptualizing changing institutional settings, new actors' constellations, horizontal modes of interaction and public-private regulatory mechanisms from a governance perspective, this volume links a neglected policy field with the future role of the state. It also offers new insights into the reforms that are currently taking place in the field of education, by expanding the attention from the dimension of policy to politics and polity and underlines questions that deal not merely with the outcomes of education, but with how education politics work. This book will be of interest to students and scholars of education, political science, sociology and economics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415494779 20160527
- Publication date
- Routledge/ECPR studies in European political science ; 63
- 9780415494779 (hardback)
- 041549477X (hardback)
- 9780203873311 (ebook)
- 0203873319 (ebook)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: