A measure of failure : the political origins of standardized testing
- Mark J. Garrison.
- Albany : State University of New York Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xii, 140 p. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3060.3 .G37 2009||Unknown|
- Garrison, Mark J., 1968-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 123-131) and index.
- A measure of failure
- The nature and function of standards
- Academic achievement and ability as forms of vertical classification
- Standardized tests as markers of social value
- The rise of public education: the impulse to mark achievement and ability
- Achievement testing: the case of Horace Mann
- Intelligence testing: the case of Alfred Binet
- Political origins of testing
- The failure of testing.
- Publication date
- 1438427786 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781438427782 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1438427778 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781438427775 (hbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: